Tuesday, April 15, 2014

My Promise

Give us this day our daily bread...

There is a restlessness to the ache you feel in your heart when you feel there is so little you can do to help another, especially a precious child. 

A child whose eyes tell you he longs for more. 

Perhaps that restlessness is there to cause us (me) to look past the logical solutions and ask bigger questions and run faster towards the cross, falling at the feet of the One who met each of our most dire need and plead on their behalf for mercy, protection and love to overflow in their lives. 

Because maybe what they truly need is something I cannot even offer with human hands. 

May my feeling of helplessness remind me of their true helplessness and open my eyes to ways that are higher than mine.  

Today, little ones, I promise to look past my human-minded solutions and put aside my pride that tempts me to believe I know your needs. 

Instead, I will pray that the One who is Father to both of us would meet you in a powerful way in the deepest corners of your innocent heart. 

1 comment: