Monday, August 11, 2014

Things that make me happy or say huh!?

Sometimes I forget that blogging can be light-hearted and not just a place to pour out every thought, feeling and question I have about life.  So if you're looking for something deep to mull over and make you question everything you ever believed about life...you better move on because this is a post of "many of the random things I saw in Haiti and took pictures of and other things that made me happy or say huh!?"

If you need logic and order this will not be the place to spend the next 5 minutes. We are talking every thing from the price of Velveeta to glasses on a pineapple. 

Just so you know-the poor grammar and punctuation=sarcasm. 

aaaaaaaaaaand let's jump right in, shall we?  


 Literally.
 Roller blading behind a tap tap is a good idea. Said no one ever.
 Come on, cooling towel help a guy out.
Never will this be a good idea to drink on a roasting hot island. Never ever. NO.
 To say my hair looked awesome every single day here is a huuuuuuuuge understatement.
For sale...for cooling food and drinks. For me?! No sir. ICE BED!
Dear husband, please guard all the men while I put my swimming suit on here behind this SUPER private rock so that I can swim in that basin to see the pretty waterfall.
 If I could imagine what it felt like to walk on the moon...this.
Please, just please, tell me how this is possible.
One time I tried to make fly traps. No flies were trapped.
A massive care package...actually care SUITCASE. ridiculous and awesome. 
 $3.22 for this little hunk of processed cheese food...you don't even get the cool box. no thanks.
Where better to play your guitar than on the roof for all to enjoy. There was probably a breeze. I'd stand there too.
 I've seen A LOT of tap-taps this year, but NONE as cool as the one we ride in. Meet The Shark.
Now go with me to the back of the tap tap...want to get out just "tap tap" the tooth brush on the window. Genius I tell you. Give your knuckles a break.
In other tap tap news, at times I decided to not sit in the back but to cram myself in the middle in the tiny front cab. Why not I say.
Oh the glorious times we ventured up the mountain and breathed that cool, non dusty air. Mountain fresh for reals, people. Just look at us filling up our lungs.
And then there was the time that the 3rd pineapple got a bit of an extreme haircut. He was embarrassed a little. The glasses made him stand out less. There, now he fits in with the cool kids. not.
Come on...tie the herbs together and then poke the cloves into the tiny flaming hot pepper then the sauce will taste like magic gravy. Cooking brilliance right there.
 Oh this guy. I miss him. He's going to be 5 soon. He's the cutest in his #wilsonsWENTtohaiti shirt.
I'm ashamed to say just how many times we talked to and made up responses from cows. and goats. ands dogs. and pigs. the end. help us.
No one said there wouldn't be a fish head in that pot. Its not their fault I looked. *silent scream*
 And then the bananas walked down the street.
 How does everyone know whose goat is whose...paint their horns. duh.
 Don't even get me started on how little I exercised here. Lets just say not many and it ended like this.
I told you not to look out the window at the fast approaching bend on the mountain roads with very steep drops while driving really fast. I warned you.
 Seriously making a run for it. They were so confused. Buddies, its not safe out here. Go home.
Just how is it that a mosquito net can block SO much air ? I can see you through it, why can't the air come in? I don't understand. 

 My dream come true. Meet Billy. So dirty. So cute.
And then we pulled over and took a picture. Because hello.
 Stop. The bird is totally whispering something crazy in that cows ear.
 Gremlin, I feel ya. By the end of the day I feel this way too.

And the mangos...perfection. But mango upside down cake? Take my spoon away and you'll be sorry.
No amount of sunscreen kept me safe in this moment. After 100 degrees, I stop caring. I don't regret it at all.
Guys, I saw this piece of trash. It had the most lovely spatters of paint on it. I went back. Twice. They cut it to pieces. and. I. bought. it. I need help.
That time at a lodge/hotel/restaurant in the mountains I asked if they made dessert with the strawberries they grew and then they brought me to the kitchen and told me to make one. Ha!
When they say the World Cup is a big deal here. Believe them and multiply your expectations of "big deal" by about 1,000 and then paint your house your team's colors. Then, you might fit in here.
 So proud of my little traveling circus. tear.
Oh I wish I understood all the jokes he was telling in French. For 2 hours. Must learn all the languages. now.
 The 2014 Lizard/Pen races. Fascinating, I promise.
 Found me some 'merica.
Can I just say this didn't work and my dad brought a camping/picnic tent that we slept in all year. love him.
told you.
How do they turn the rice this color? And can I please have fresh squeezed juice every day forever and ever?
Please no spicy in my peanut butter. Thanks.
Warm. Who says 114 is "warm". Get a grip and stand outside for 5 seconds and then reword your weather forecast.
Some things are scary like riding in the tap tap on really bad roads and then you see a burning building and just want to get home and hug your blankie.
 I appreciate the honesty.
 My heart flip flopped.
180 eggs just chillin in my lap on REALLY bumpy roads. One cracked. Of course it did.
 When I say its hot...I mean it. Like oh my word their is sweat running down my leg right now.
 $13 for ice cream. WHY OH WHY DO YOU HATE ME!?
 oh no.

Discovered completely by accident. Mosquito trap...aka left over cough syrup in a cup. AND THAT THING IS HUGE.
 I'm in a freezer. In a winter coat. With all the ice cream. Yesssssssssss.
 Just let it out, cloud.
 The coffee to sugar ratio is out of this world.
And just like that, this post is done. I told you your life would not be changed. Have a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment