Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Sweet Hudson

I had to share a story about my nephew, Hudson.  He is 4 years old and your typical, busy boy.  He loves "Pider Man," waffles with nutella, whipped cream & sprinkles and being loud.  I enjoy our occasional Skype dates.  Usually he's a half-naked blur running past the screen. He will sometimes sing a song, even beat box, but is usually just yelling nonsense.  

We tease back and forth saying "no boys allowed" or "no girls allowed" and make plans to continue our tradition of making monster cookies the next time we are together. He's my little baking buddy and its the longest I ever see him focused on a task. (clearly because there are cookies at the end of the project)

Last week, we were on Skype and he was a little more tuned in than normal. He told me that every night, he prays with Grandma for the kids in Haiti who do not have enough food. 

I said something to acknowledge how thoughtful this was and said that there are a lot of babies who need a mommy and daddy.  Without missing a beat, he said:

"We can take care of one. He will will have to sleep in the room downstairs where my old crib is, but we'll get it cleaned up".

He was totally sincere in his offer and it was the sweetest thing.  I was so touched by his quick response as if it was a no-brainer to act and help meet this need.  What a blessing to see a glimpse into his heart.  Thank you for being an encouragement to me. I love you, sweet (crazy) boy.

2 comments: